- Born and raised near Humboldt, Saskatchewan
- Graduated with B.Com from University of Saskatchewan and post graduate degree from University of Toronto
- Married with two adult children
- Retired as Chief Executive Officer of multi-hospital system in Edmonton, AB and in New Westminster, BC
- Involved in civic, church and political activities
My political focus is on narrowing the gap between rich and poor and bringing improvements to the health system, particularly related to continuing care service needs as they affect use of hospital services.