- We are motivated by a desire to maximize freedom and the quality of life for the individual in society.
- We believe in the right of all citizens to self-determination as long as it does not deny that right to others.
- We believe that the role of government is to promote liberty by ensuring equality of opportunity.
- We believe that power is best invested in the individual and that centralization of power poses a threat to personal liberty.
- We recognize both economic and social diversity as necessary to innovation and prosperity.
- believe that healthy democracy requires freedom of thought and expression.
We declare our belief in the above as expressed by the following three principles:
Individuals should be guaranteed the freedom to live their own lives as they see fit. Freedom requires not only the absence of government interference, but protection from coercion and other barriers to freedom such as poverty and illness. Government exists to foster the conditions for personal freedom, not to impose or encourage any way of life over any other. Justice is the protection of rights and freedoms, not punishment and imposition of order.
Individuals should be free to develop their talents and pursue their own projects in life compatible with the liberty of others. The entrepreneurial spirit of the individual must be fostered and allowed to flourish in all areas, whether artistic, commercial, charitable, or academic. The role of the state is to foster a free market economy by cultivating conditions of fair competition and ensuring equal opportunity of citizens to participate. Social and economic ventures should be the result of community and individual initiatives.
Government is responsible to the electors, not to special interest groups. Decisions should be conducted with full transparency and with maximum opportunity for public input. Wherever possible, decision-making power should be decentralized and localized. The central government is responsible for those issues affecting the province as a whole: justice, the environment, ensuring a fair and competitive marketplace, and the provision of public goods and services.